589. Wilhelm and Else Heraeus-Seminar Continuous Variable Entanglement in Atomic Systems: Fundamentals and Applications
This seminar is generously funded by the Wilhelm and Else Heraeus Foundation and will be held from May 11th to 14th, 2015 at the Physikzentrum Bad Honnef near Bonn and Cologne in Germany.
The seminar will explore the physics of continuous-variable entanglement in atomic systems. The topics include general aspects such as
- Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen entanglement
- Entanglement witnesses
- Parameter estimation
- Quantum metrology
as well as the implementation of these concepts in specific systems such as
- Bose Einstein condensates
- Ultracold atoms in optical cavities
- Atomic ensembles in vapor cells
- Ensembles of trapped ions
The seminar will bring together leading experts in the field of quantum optics, atomic physics, and quantum metrology (see invited speakers).
The conference language will be English. Please note that the total number of participants is limited. The organizers invite PhD students, post-docs and senior researchers to apply and to contribute to the poster session. Female researchers are particularly encouraged, since the WE-Heraeus Foundation seeks to support women in science.
The seminar in the Wilhelm and Else Heraeus Foundation Calender.